Tuesday, May 31, 2016

June 1 Morning 2.5 Semi-Barefoot Run

There is a paradox about running that always intrigues me.
When you wake up in the morning,
and feel a bit sluggish,
you want to skip your exercise and relax.
In a way that's exactly what you need to do.
Otherwise you might get yourself injured from over-training.
In fact, I DO rest when I am extremely fatigued.
I am especially vigilant when there is a sign of common cold,
like sneezing, coughing, and a sore throat and so on.
I never ever push myself.

But this morning I was only slightly tired,
and there was no serious sign of illness.
So what do I do?
I start running no matter how slow I may be at first.
What happens, though, is that after a few minutes
your body start getting warmer and warmer,
your legs lighter and lighter.
This is a feeling you would never have imagined
before starting to run.
Once that feeling sets in, though,
you are like an automated machine.
No need to push, no need to make conscious effort to run faster.
You simply keep on rolling and pick up the pace naturally.

By the time you are home from the exercise,
you feel like a new man,
fully awake,
ready to go to work.

Today I ran 2.5 K in 11:44. (equivalent to a 4:41 pace).

No comments:

Post a Comment