Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Morning 2.6 K Run

Last night after I finished my running training,
I did a quick math and got my average running distance per day for the previous one month.
It was 5 K.
So I made it my new daily goal,
deciding to divide it into two sessions, one in the morning, and the other in the evening,
to make the goal for each session 2. 5 K.

The distance around the quarter pie-shaped road near my house is 650 M,
so four laps makes 2.6 K.
That's almost equal to my new daily goal,
so I  set off for four laps today.

My legs were a bit heavy.
I wasn't completely recovered from a 5 K running session last night.
But during the third lap I felt sufficiently warmed up,
and picked up the pace little by little.

I was shooting the whole session with my old cell,  putting it on the curb on the side of the road.
I was a bit worried someone might touch it while shooting,
but I had done it before,
and assumed most locals would either not notice it to ignore it.

Every time I ran back to the shooting spot,
I made sure it was there,
and it WAS there when the third lap was over.

However, when the last lap was over, and I went down to pick up the cell,
it wasn't there!

I panicked.

I look around for someone who might have picked it, assuming someone had left it.
No one suspicious was around.
I looked high and low in the bush.
It wasn't there.
It's gone...

Later I went to the local police box to report it.
I also went to a local rental DVD stop that buy and sell secondhand cells
to ask them to report it to the police if someone came to sell it.
After that I had to go to the phone carrier, and made one call to a credit card company
so that the phone and its affiliated services wouldn't be abused.

Luckily I have a smartphone as well,
so my communication with family, co-workers, and friends
are not entirely disconnected.
But still I don't feel at ease.

Hopefully, it will be turned in in a day or two.
If not, I'll just think that it's a great opportunity
for me to learn the latest of information technologies.

Anyhow, my mission is complete,
though I had to skip 100-M sprints
scheduled after the jog due to the accident just mentioned.
And I am not going to be held back by the accident.
I WILL run again another 2.5 K to meet my new daily goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment