Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Consistency vs Flexiblity

I believe both consistency and flexibility are important
when you commit yourself to disciplining yourself
through work and exercise.

This is because having only one can make you burn out.

For example, when I came home from work today,
I was tired.
Ordinarily, I would have got out and hit the road,
but tonight I was afraid that I wouldn't have enjoyed the exercise as much as I should.
That would have been demotivating, and bad for staying motivated.

So I had my late night meal first, and sent some message to my FB friend abroad.
By the time I sent the message, I had been relaxed enough to do some exercise.
Now I am more open to and positive about getting out to get my heart pumping.

Compare this state of mind with the reluctant one right after coming home.

This shows that sometimes flexibility is important.
If you rigidly try to stick to the way you do things,
you can lose the opportunity to do things in a more positive state of mind.

So remember to be flexible.
Listen to your inner voice.
If it says, "I'm tired," rest,
instead of accusing yourself of being "lazy".
That's a lesson I learned from choosing to be flexible tonight.

Now, I'm going to put my legs not into my Vibram Five Fingers,
but into a pair of regular jogging shoes to have a short run.
They have padding in the sole.
My legs are still fatigued.
They say, "Don't be too hard."
So I will let them relax a bit.

**************
Just came home from workout.
Ran 2.11 K in 11:17. (equivalent to a 5:12/K pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment