Monday, May 9, 2016

Sunday Fat-Burning Workout

This past Sunday I ran 9 K and did some muscle training.

After having a cup of soy milk, I put my feet into my pair of Mizuno
and hit the road to go on my favorite 2.5 circular course.
One point one K from home there is this park with an athletic structure in it.
I dropped by there to do some muscle training.
I did 3-3-3-3 training to hit my chest, lats, shoulders, and abs.
For the details of the training please see the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5Rh6_n_FE

I spend a little less than twenty minute doing the muscle training,
to exhaust much of the glycogen in my body.

After that, I hit the road again to continue running.
When you run with not much glycogen left in your muscle,
your body needs to hit your fat reserve to create energy
to allow yourself to carry on with the exercise,
thus maximizing fat loss from the workout.

In my second lap around the circular course
I stopped by the park again to do lying pull-ups to
exhaust more of the glycogen in my body.
I did two sets of 36 lying pull-ups divided into four sets of 12, 10, 8, and 6 reps.

I hit the road again after that, and keep on running until I finally covered 9 K in total.

Once the running was over, I hydrated myself and walked home.
On my way home I rotated both of my arms forward ten times, rested for a few seconds, and rotated them again this time backward ten times, and repeated this for four more sets each.
I wasn't carrying any weight, but that simple workout became increasingly tough as the number of sets went up.

As soon as I got home, I hit the shower and had a cup of hot milk and soy milk.

The next day I ached all over, especially my shoulders and traps were extremely sore.
That simple workout I did after the running training turned out to have stimulated the muscles much more that I had thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment