Sunday, May 15, 2016

Monday Slow Jog

On Sunday I hurt my right back muscle while sharpening a cooking knife.
I immediately suspected TMS or tension myositis syndrome,
resulting from excessive training.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_myositis_syndrome

And when I do, the only thing I do is just say to myself,
"There is nothing to worry about it.
I just need to slow down a bit.
Pain will go away if I have a rest."

So I canceled a quick run scheduled for the evening,
and relaxed by taking a pleasant walk.

The following morning the pain had gone,
and I was ready to be active again.

As soon as I climbed out of futon,
I put my feet into my Vibram Five Fingers
and hit the road,
but instead of running at my usual pace,
I ran slowly, enjoying seeing the floral garden along the paved running road.
I ran 3.78 K, but didn't time it,
but it was a very, very slow, but enjoyable run.

No comments:

Post a Comment