Thursday, May 5, 2016

Thursday Night Semi-Barefoot 6 K Run: Mixed Ks

This morning I skipped morning run,
because I had an early start and felt a bit tired.
So I doubled my running training for tonight.
I did mixed Ks to cover 6 K.
I ran my first lap at my full marathon pace of 5:40/K.
I then took a short rest for 30 seconds 
before beginning my second lap at my half marathon pace
of 4:50/K.
The rest after this is a little longer: one minute.
Then in the third lap I raised the pace to my 10 K pace of 4:30/K.
The rest after the third lap is the longest: a minute and a half.
These make one set, and I repeated the same set one more time.
This allows you to develop
a good sense of race rhythm.

Tonight I put on the Vibram Five Fingers I had purchased two days before.
They have no shock-absorbing cushion in the sole.
The sole is made of durable Vibram rubber,
but its shock-absorbing ability is minimum.
But it protects your sole from spiky objects, pointy stones, 
and anything sharp that can cut your foot.
It was my second run in the new foot ware, 
but I already felt quite comfortable in them.

Tonight's result is as follows:
1st lap: 5:41
Rest: 30 seconds
2nd lap: 4:30
Rest: 1 minute
3rd lap: 4:32
Rest: 1 minute 30 seconds
4th lap: 5:17
Rest: 30 seconds
5th lap: 4:48
Rest: 1 minute
6th lap: 4:27


No comments:

Post a Comment