Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Night Semi-Barefoot Sit-n-Kick Ks

I ran in the rain for about 4 K.
I ran in my second-hand Vibram Five Fingers again.
They worked well on the wet road.

I did sit-n-kick Ks tonight.
I set off for my first lap at my comfortable full marathon pace.
And at the 650 M mark I shifted the gear and surged for the remaining 350 M.
I then slowed down to jogging for 300 M in about 2 minutes.
After that I repeated the same routine two more times.

Today's result is as follows:
1st Lap: 5:06
Jogging 300 M: 2:01
2nd Lap: 4:49
Jogging 300 M: 1:50
3rd Lap: 4:45
Jogging: 450 M: 2:55
Total: 21:20 (equivalent to a 5:15/K pace)

The surge at the end of each K is quite tough,
but it feels good when it's over.
I do this training especially when I feel bored of running at the same pace.
I recommend it to you if you need some kick in your training.


No comments:

Post a Comment