Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 30 Afternoon Run in the Rain

I ran 5.8 K in 26:52 (equivalent to a 4:38/K pace).
It was raining, but that didn't bother me.
I rather welcomed it
because rain keeps your body from overheating.

I ran with my jogging shoes on
as a blister on my right sole hadn't heeled yet.
It didn't hurt at all running in them
as the cushion absorbed all the shock of landing.
I was shocked to realize how much protection
I got from the shoes.

I will take them off again once the blister has heeled.
I have zero interest now in looking for shoes
that are designed to enhance your performance
by minimizing the wearer's effort.
I consider it as a minor case of cheating.
I don't mind if other go for it.
People run for different purposes.
But I am not interested at least for now.
Because right now my purpose of running is
to become a stronger version of myself.
The faster and longer I can run
with lesser protection,
the stronger I feel I have become.


No comments:

Post a Comment