Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 27 Morning Barefoot Run in the Rain

When I woke up this morning, it was raining,
so I decided to hit the road.
Rain is good for running,
because it helps prevent overheating.
I ran barefoot today,
because otherwise my shoes would get wet and dirty.

The pavement felt good to the sole at first,
but soon I realized it wasn't always smooth;
in some areas the surface was uneven.
I felt like I had my sole stuck with a needle.
It was sometimes slightly painful.
But once you got used to it,
it felt kind of refreshing.
It felt almost as if I had my feet massaged by a professional reflexologist.

I ran 2920 M in 13:48 today.
This is equivalent to a 4:43/K pace.
It's a bit faster than my regular half marathon pace.
Not bad.
I'm going to run barefoot more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment