Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23 Midnight 5 K Interval Training

I went to a new cafe near my house to proof-read the first draft of a book
that's going to be published soon.
When the job was done and I came home,
Kei Nishikori's tennis match was on TV.
He was serving to the match.
I thought the victory was already within his grasp,
and got out to hit the road to refresh myself.

I did 5 K interval training today.
Instead of running at the same pace,
I mixed three different paces: full marathon pace, half marathon pace, and 10 K pace.

Today's result is as follows:
1st K: 5:14
Rest: 30 seconds
2nd K :4:34
Rest: 45 seconds
3rd K: 4:16
Rest: 60 seconds
4th K: 4:49
Rest: 30 K
5th K: 4:35

I do this training when I am tired of running a long distance at the same pace.
There are a number of benefits to this training.
One is that you can get a good sense of race rhythm.
Another is that you can re-set your motivation after each set.
You should try it when your motivation is down.


No comments:

Post a Comment