Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1 Midnight Weighted 2.5 K Barefoot Run

I ran 2. 5 K without wearing shoes
with a 2 k dumbbell in each hand in 11:57,
which is equivalent to a pace of 4:47 per K.
Not bad.

The purpose of weighted running is to increase resistance.
When you prepare for a race with much undulation,
the best thing to do is to run a course rich in undulation.
But that ideal situation is not always available.
It's especially true with most of the roads available in my neighborhood.
Also when training late at night, you don't want to get too far from home.
One solution is to carry weights to increase resistance.
This way, although you are running a flat road,
you can reproduce a situation where you are running an uphill.

One added bonus is stronger grips, bi-ceps and shoulders.

Last year when I first did this weighted jogging,
I ached all over on the following morning.
But I don't think it will happen tomorrow.
Though it was definitely much less comfortable
than regular running without weight,
I didn't feel too bothered by the weights.
I hope that's because my shoulders and bi-ceps
had fundamentally become much much stronger than before
in terms of endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment