Thursday, May 19, 2016

May 19 Midnight Run

I left work earlier than usual to adjust work hours today.
I met a former co-worker of mine for dinner,
and enjoyed exchanging professional information.

When I came home, it was already 1:00 a.m.
But the temperature was perfect for a night run,
and there was no wind.
So I quickly changed into my running wear,
put my feet into my Vibram Five Fingers,
and hit the road.

I ran around a 2.5 K circular course twice to cover 5 K.

As soon as I came home, I quickly hit a shower,
and had some Chinese corn soup that I had made this morning.
It reached every corner of my exhausted body.

Today's result is as follows:
0~2.5 K: 12:17
2.5~5 K: 11:27
Total: 5 K: 23:45 (equivalent to a 4:45/K pace)

It's exactly 30 days since I re-started my running training after Kasumigaura Marathon.
The total distance has reached 150.46 K.
That's about 5 K per day on the average.
It's my new benchmark.

Tomorrow, May 20, is the start of a new month.
My new goal is running 2.5 K in the morning, and running the same distance again in the evening,
to cover total 5 K everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment