Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Wednesday Morning Jog & Hill Sprint

On Wednesday morning when I woke up,
the wind was strong, but it was no longer raining,
so I quickly changed into my athletic wear, and hit the road.

I didn't go to the usual quarter pie-shaped road.
But instead I went down a long straight road leading to Route 16.
There is a steep hill at the end of the road,
and I wanted to do some hill sprints there.

The hill is roughly 180 M.
I did three sprints upward.
The result is as follows:
1st rep: 33.29
Jog: 2:00
2nd rep: 32.72
Jog: 2:00
3rd rep: 33.89

The distance between my home and the end of the straight road is exactly 1.5 K,
so when you go and come back, it's 3 K.
3K + 0.72 K (hill sprints & jog) = 3.72 K

When I swung my arm in sprints,
my arms felt heavy,
probably because they were fatigued
from muscle training.
But if they continue to feel heavy even after pain has gone away,
I might want to reduce the amount of muscle training,
and do more of light weight repetitions
so as not to increase my upper body muscle mass.
It would not be too good for running.

No comments:

Post a Comment