Friday, May 20, 2016

May 20 Midnight Run

I came home shortly before midnight.
I was more exhausted than usual,
not just because I was physically exhausted
from going to the police, an au shop,
and even a rental video shop buying and selling secondhand cellphones,
but also mentally exhausted from saying to myself
lots of what-ifs...

Anyhow, what's done is done.
The lost cellphone wasn't turned in today.
It may or may not be turned in tomorrow.
But I have no control over it,
so I'll stop thinking about.
Rather I will use my mental energy for thinking about what to do now.

For now I'll go for a short run to get my heart pumping and blood running,
so that I can have a sound sleep to completely re-set my mindbody.
It's a bit chilly tonight, so I will run in my three quarter pants, and a long-sleeved running jersey.

*******

I'm back!
Just came home from a 2.92 K run.
Ran in a pair of Mizuno running shoes, not Vibram Five Fingers.
Was so used to feeling the direct shock of landing on the ball of my feet,
the shoes felt so comfortable. Too comfortable, perhaps.
But good for tonight.
With my mind beaten up badly, a little comfort would not hurt.

Today's result is as follows:
2.93 K: 15:15 (equivalent to a 5:05 pace).

No comments:

Post a Comment