Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Midnight 6 K Run

I skipped my running training this morning,
so I ran 6 K to make up for it.
I ran in the Vibram Five Fingers.
There is no cushion in the sole,
so repulsive force is non-existent.
You need to get all of the force that drives you forward
with your own legs.
Therefore you can strengthen your legs much more quickly
when you run in this type of shoes.
I particularly feel the biggest difference
in my ankles.
When you run around a bend,
there is a tremendous amount of centrifugal force
put on your ankles.
Now, when you have your jogging shoes on,
much of the force is absorbed by the shoes
because they have a cushion.
Vibram Five Fingers don't have one,
so what happens is that all the muscles
that surround your ankle joints work together to support them.
The reason that I know that they do is that my feet get sore the following morning.
I think it a good thing, because after that soreness come stronger feet!

Anyhow, I had a good run at a good pace.
The result of tonight's training is as follows:
810 M: 4:19
650 M: 3:14
650 M: 3:18
650 M: 3:23
650 M: 3:22
650 M: 3:22
650 M: 3:19
650 M: 3:14
810 M: 3:56
Total: 6.17 K: 31:32 (equivalent to a 5:07/K pace)

No comments:

Post a Comment