Monday, May 9, 2016

Monday Morning Exercise in Yokohama

I woke up on Monday morning in a hotel room in Yokohama.
As soon as I climbed out of bed,
I put on my jogging shots and T-shirt,
and put my feet into the Vibram Five Fingers I had brought from home.

When I came out into the street,
it was a bit cloudy, and humid, too,
but the temperature wasn't too high,
and it was perfect for jogging.

The streets were crowded with business people, male and female, going to work.
I ran through the crowd to head for Yamashita Park.
The park wasn't crowded when I reached there.
There was some construction and maintenance work going on.
Some areas were shielded with ropes.
Some people were relaxing on benches.
And every now and then I saw men and women in colorful athletic outfit jogging at their own paces.
I found a little open space on the lawn and did some core training.
For more details, please see the video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtubbI3NBc


IAfter doing the core training, I ran to the western end of the park,
and came all the way back to the eastern end,
and then headed for the Red Brick Warehouse from there.
There is an over bridge connecting Yamashita Park and Zohno Hana Park
that stands between Yamashita Park and the Red Brick Warehouse.
I ran through that bridge, went past Zohno Hana Park.
The view of the Yokohama Bay was refreshing though the sky was grey,
and I picked up the pace to reach the Red Brick Warehouse in no time.

People were setting up tents for an event, and the open space outside the warehouse was packed with construction workers. I ran past them, and went around the warehouse,
and headed back to run through Zohno Hana Park, and finally all the way back to the hotel.

I covered about 6 K.
After taking a quick shower and having an orange,
I felt like a new man.

No comments:

Post a Comment