Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 2 Morning Run and High Intensity Park Cardio

When I woke up this morning,
I was a little tired from the workout from the previous night,
but looking out the window,
it was sunny and the air felt dry.
It's perfect for getting out to sweat.
So I quickly changed into my athletic wear,
and hit the road,
but my legs were heavy,
and so was my body.
So I decided to walk first.
A couple of minutes' walk took me to a nearby park,
which was covered with green grass reflecting the rays of the strong sun
in early summer.
My heart lifted at this sight.
I started jogging, breathing in the fresh air and feeling the warmth of the sun
on my arms.

Several minutes later I reached another park
that has a structure made of wood and metal
for kids to play on.
Using part of it, I did lying pull-ups,
and also did jumping knee tucks and pike push-ups
in a open space near the structure.
I spent 4 minutes doing these exercises.
Once done, I hit the road again and carried on with the run.

I covered 2.5 K today in 12:28,
which is equivalent to a 5:00/K pace.

I ran in shoes today, not barefoot,
because the bright colors of the shoes lifted my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment