Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 30 2016 Midnight Test Run after Injury

I went out for a test run after resting for an entire week,
because the pain in the left calf had subsided,
and there was little discomfort in the muscle.
I started by jogging, and slowly picked up the pace.
For the details of the training tonight please see below:
810 M: 5:38
1 K: 5:07
Rest: 30 seconds
1 K: 4:28

My body felt light,
and my cardio-vascular system wasn't entirely out of shape
despite complete absence of card-core running training for an entire week.
That's probably thanks to the home and park workout
I did during the break.

I will re-start my running training in full swing.
But I'm not going to increase the distance too soon,
nor the pace.
I will go slow.
Another injury would significantly set me back on my strength-building effort.
I don't want to let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment