Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June 7 Tuesday Night 2.5 Run & Park Muscle Training

After coming home from work,
I worked on PowerPoint slides for forthcoming lectures.
I've got some new projects coming along with my routine work,
and I wanted to get ahead with the routine work,
so that I could have more time for the new project.
After getting it done,
I hit the road to sweat.
I stopped by a park long my regular running course,
and did dips and pull-ups.
I did them with a special focus on increasing muscle mass.
When that is the goal,
the best weight to do it is to extend both the concentric and eccentric phase
of your movement, as well as holding for four seconds at peak contraction.
I did this technique from a number of my fitness mentors,
the biggest influence among whom probably is Mr. Elliott Hulse.
So my hat is tipped to him.
I did dips and pull-ups alternately for 30 seconds
with a minimum rest between exercises.
Once the muscle training was over,
I got back on the road again.

Today I ran 2.5 in 13: 27,
which is equivalent to a 5:22/K pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment