Thursday, June 9, 2016

June 9 Midnight Interval Training: Race Pace Mixed Ks & Home Body Weight Workout

I had a two-hour corporate seminar today.
It required a lot of concentration and mental stamina.
So when I came home, I was bushed,
and couldn't bring myself to exercise right away.
So I had the light meal made for me by Madam first,
and spent some time relaxing as I surfed the Web.
About half an hour later, I started feeling recovered,
so I changed into my running wear and hit the road.
I didn't feel motivated to do the same old routine,
so I decided to do some interval training for a change.

I started off at my full marathon pace of between 5:20/K and 5:40/K.
I then took a short rest of 30 seconds to set off for the second K
which was run at my half-marathon pace of 4:50/K.
Finally, after one-minute rest I aimed at my 10 K pace for the third K.

Thanks to the variety, I was able to do the training without feeling bored.

Today's result is as follows:
1st K: 5:25
Rest: 30 seconds
2nd K: 4:46
Rest: 1 minute
3rd K: 4:22

After coming home from the run,
I did some body weight workout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM4iVN3vFeI


No comments:

Post a Comment