Friday, June 24, 2016

Land Crawler

Two days after I got my left calf injured during running training,
I did some body weight total body workout mainly target at back.
I call it land crawler as the movement is pretty much the same as
that in one of the swimming styles--crawl.
The only difference is you do this not in the water, but on the floor.
As you crawl, you try not to let your arms touch the floor.
This way your back, and also the back of your shoulders keep contracted.
You imitate the kicks in swimming too,
but the floor prevents you from kicking forward,
so the leg movement is strictly backward,
engaging your hamstrings.

Today I coupled it with a workout targeting the muscle on the opposite side of the body,
namely the chest. I did slow push-ups today.
In slow push-ups, you extend the eccentric phase by four seconds,
stay for four seconds when the chest is the closest to the floor,
and then come back to the initial position in four seconds,
all the while squeezing both of your arms inward
so that chest muscle contraction is maximized.

I did both exercises for 30 seconds alternately,
and did them four sets without rest both beween sets and exercises.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAN56oHyl3E

No comments:

Post a Comment