Friday, June 3, 2016

June 4 Morning Short Run: How Saturday Morning is Special for me

The Saturday morning is the sleepiest moment in my weekly cycle.
I finish work at 9:45 p.m. on Friday night,
and start work at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.
There aren't many hours in between.
With a slight shortage of sleep, plus being the end of a week,
I feel slightly fatigued on Saturday mornings.

I usually do not try to push myself when feeling tired.
So this morning as well,
instead of going right barefoot,
which is the style I am increasingly becoming hooked on,
I put my feet into regular jogging shoes,
and ran inside the park,
instead of running around the park on a concrete road.

There is a track in the park,
and it is filled with wood chips.
Every morning it is filled many people,
mainly the elderly,
who enjoy walking.
They almost always walk counter-clockwise.
I almost always run clock-wise to see their faces
and smile at them when I pass them.

This morning I only ran 1.34 K in 7:00,
which is equivalent to a 5:08/K pace.
Much slower than my regular under 5:00 pace,
but that's OK.

Saturday morning is a very important moment for me.
It marks the beginning of the last working day of the week.
I want to start is comfortably.

I will make up for the insufficient distance coverage,
as well as the absence of training on the previous night
(I skipped my running training on the previous night
because I had a slight stomachache
from having too many nuts!!)
after finishing all the work for the week and feeling freed!

No comments:

Post a Comment