Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 15 Wednesday Midnight Interval Training Wearing "MUTEKI"

I did interval training at my 10 K pace
after coming home and having a late night meal.

The result is as follows:
1st K: 4:26
300 M Jog: 2:00
2nd K: 4:12
460 M Jog: 2:38
Total 2.76: 13:18 (equivalent to a 4:49/K pace)

I ran in Muteki,
whose absence of cushioning doesn't allow you to take big strides.
So I took small quick strides to land on the ball and minimize the shock of landing.
It is a very efficient way to run a long distance.
But even in a short training session at a relatively fast pace
I'm becoming more and more comfortable running in small strides.
If you want to see what running in small strides looks like,
please check out Mr. Hiromi Taniguchi in the You Tube video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_mH7QnJFNg



No comments:

Post a Comment