Monday, June 6, 2016

June 6 Monday Morning Run & Core Training

I ran 2.64 K this morning in the park.
I ran in jogging shoes because the right heel was in slight pain
from the 10 K barefoot run yesterday,
and I wanted to protect it from serious injury.
Also, the track in the park is covered with wood chips,
but the skin on my sole isn't strong enough to run on them without protection.

I began at a slow pace to warm myself up,
and gradually picked up the pace.
Today's result is as follows:
640 M: 3:49
500 M: 2:30
500 M: 2:30
500 M: 2:21
500 M: 2:17
Total 2,640 M: 13:29 (equivalent to a 5:06/K pace)

After running, I did some core training.
It consisted of two exercises: swimmers and bicycles.

In swimmers you lie on your stomach, crawl with your arms,
and kick with your legs.
They engage your back shoulders, and hamstrings.

Bicycles are a popular abs workout.
You lie on your back, and crouch so that your right elbow touches your left knee,
and then switch the side to crouch so that your left elbow touches your right knee next,
and repeat the movement.

Today each set was 30 seconds, and there was a short rest of 10 to 15 seconds between sets.
I was drenched with sweat, so that tells you how effective it was in burning calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment