Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 8 Wednesday Night 2.5 K Run in the Rain

When I came home from work,
it was slightly raining,
so I decided to go for a short training run.
Rain used to bother me,
but not any more
ever since I ran in a storm this past April.
Anything unfavorable weather conditions better in scale
than that storm have become easily tolerable.

A light meal was made for me by Madam,
so I enjoyed it with a couple of glasses of red wine.
Once the meal was finished,
I quickly put my feet into my five-finger shoes,
and hit the road.

The midnight street was deserted,
and I had the road all to myself.
That's another thing I have come to like about running in the rain.
I can have the road all to myself.

I kept a slightly faster pace than usual,
and ran 2.5 K in 11:43,
which is equivalent to a 4:40/K pace.
Not bad.

I will run tomorrow morning,
come rain or shine.
Or should I say, especially if it rains!

No comments:

Post a Comment