Sunday, April 14, 2019

Kasumigaura Marathon 2019

On April 14, 2019 I joined Kasumigaura Marathon 2019. I completed it in 3:56:06 gross, and 3:53:13 net. It is the fourth full marathon I completed without wearing shoes. Also, it's my second sub-4 barefoot marathon. I fell 30 seconds short of my barefoot PR of 3:52:43 from Tateyama Wakashio Marathon 2019. But I renewed my shoe-clad personal course record of 4:12:17 from 2016 by almost 19 minutes.


I had 5 goals today:
1) To complete the race in bare feet
2) To run a negative split
3) To run a sub-4 marathon
4) To renew my barefoot PR of 3:52:43
5) To renew my full marathon PR of 3:43:08

I achieved the first three goals, and failed on the last two. But there was an unexpected bonus of the renewal of my personal course record. So I'm glad. 


My race season 2018-2019 is over with this event. There is no major running event scheduled for now until September. I am going to relax for a while. I will probably continue to have a practice run on a regular basis. But it's not going to be as intense as it has been over the last several months. I want to go out for a fun bike ride with local friends before it gets too hot. Also, I want to ride my motorcycle more to explore beautiful places.


I haven't given much thought to how to develop my barefoot adventure. Two sub-4 barefoot full marathons seem enough to make me want to take a break on it, and try something else. But at the same time, one part of me says, "Hey, man, you've come this far. Why not take it a step farther?" Honestly, I don't know where to go next season. I'd like to think about it when I can relax with lots of time to think.

I will write a full report of how I ran the race soon. Please look forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment