Wednesday, April 10, 2019

10 K Jog in the Rain

April 10, 2019
10 K: 57:28.47

It's four days until Kasumigaura Marathon 2019. It had been raining since morning, and the temperature remained low throughout the day. Most would cancel training, but I didn't. Mainly because rain wouldn't stop me from running in the race. Also, in Tokyo Marathon 2019 Japan's best record holder Suguru Osako dropped out due to cold weather because he wasn't trained under that kind of weather condition while college runner Horio ran strongly through the bad weather to be the first Japanese runner to cross the finish line. Later he said in an interview that he trained regardless of the weather, so the cold rain didn't bother him at all. I think it's important to be ready for all kinds of weather conditions even as a citizen runner.

I ran in aqua shoes above because they are the best choice for a rainy day run. The sole is meshed, so it drains water even if it gets wet. The upper is polyurethane. It blocks rain and keeps the foot warm.


I ran the 2.5 K loop near my house four times to cover 10 K. I aimed at a 6:30/K pace, but finished much earlier. I was afraid that running at too fast a pace could lead to unrecoverable fatigue, but the faster pace was produced spontaneously, not by some conscious effort, so I'd say it's OK.

I listened to an audio lecture by Robert Kiyosaki about financial intelligence. According to the lecture, there are five financial intelligences that you need to have to live in modern age. According to Robert, it's because money is no longer money because of some important event that occurred in 1971. Later I went online to find out he meant Nixon Shock, the most significant implication of which being that the US dollar stopped being convertible to gold. Further implications of this are beyond my scope of explanation, so let's leave it at that for now. But Robert says money became "currencies" at this point, and the act of "saving" became less important as a result. He goes on to say you need five different intelligences in order to increase your financial wealth. But my understanding is still too limited to give you a further lecture that is informative to you. I will continue my homework and hopefully some time down the road I will share with you something that you may find useful. 

My next training is tomorrow. I will do short interval training. It's going to be my second last training session before the race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment