Friday, April 19, 2019

First Post-Race Run After Kasumigaura

April 18, 2019
15.8 K: 1:30:12

I had my first practice run after the Kasumigaura Marathon. The soles have completely healed. And I feel completely recovered.  As an experiment I put on a pair of socks for minimum protection with Shoe Goo glued onto the sole. 


This is something I almost always feel in the first running session after a full marathon, I felt light as feather, and felt like I could go on forever. It's a good feeling. It's enough to make me feel that each time you complete a full marathon, regardless of how good or bad the result is, you become stronger. 


I was originally planning to run only 10 K, but I felt so good that I added extra 5.3 K shown on the map above, and made it a good 15 K session. I made a few water stops, and one fairly long break to use the men's room, but increased the pace with east in the last four kilometers, and covered total 15.8 K in about an hour and a half. I sustained the fast pace until the last moment but breathing was easy, and I felt like I could go on another couple of miles at the same pace. I was planning to reduce the amount of training during the off season, but if running has become this much easier than before after the race, I want to keep this capacity, build on it, and carry it through to September to become a much, much stronger and faster version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment