Thursday, April 11, 2019

20-Minute Jog + 1 K Fast Run + 20-Minute Jog

March 11, 2019
Jog: 20:03.39 
Rest: 1:00.58
1 K fast run: 4:34.60
Jog: 21:08.16
Total 7 K: 46:46.73

It's 3 days until Kasumigaura Marathon 2019. Up to this point I've been roughly following the program recommended by former ultra marathon world best record holder Mr. Takahiro Sunada. But I slightly modified his program to make it meet my personal need. Compare his program and my actual schedule below:

<Mr. Sunada's program>
3 days to go: 60-minute jog
2 days to go: 20-minute jog + 1 K fast run + 20-minute jog
the day before the race: 60-minute jog

<My schedule>
3 days to go: 20-minute jog + 1 K fast run + 20-minute jog
2 days to go: 60-minute jog 
the day before the race: full rest

As you can see, everything is shifted one day earlier in my schedule than was originally recommended in Mr. Sunada's program. The biggest reason is I need a full rest on the previous night. On Saturday, I have work. I have a very early start, and also have a very busy schedule at work. So by the time I come home, I have no energy left. I want to hit the bed immediately to have a good night's sleep. 


The only training I still have left to do is a 60-minute jog. I may do it tomorrow morning if I'm in a mood when I get up tomorrow morning. If I'm not, I'll just wait until I come home from work, and do it at night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment