Sunday, April 7, 2019

90-Minute Jog in Aqua Shoes

April 7, 2019
15.5 K: 1:32:53

One week to go before Kasumigaura Marathon 2019. Still roughly following former ultra marathon world best record holder Mr. Sunada's program, I jogged 15.5 K taking an hour and 32 minutes. I ran in aqua shoes below.
This pair is highly recommended for minimalist runners. It gets you results. I ran Tateyama Wakashio Marathon 2018 in them, and ran my PR of 3:43:08 (net). The sole is meshed runner, so it protects your sole from edgy pebbles, but lets moist out, and doesn't get heavy even when running in rain. The upper is spongy, so it's elastic and never hurts your foot. A pair costs 1,000 yen or so. One usually lasts for half a year. They are quite durable. 


Tonight I combined my favorite 10.5 K course and a new 5 K loop in Yukarigaoka to make it a solid 15.5 K course, perfect for a 90-minute jog.


My weight is kept around 60 kg, so I felt very light. There is no pain in any of my leg joints. There is no back pain or anything. I've never had backache in my life, and I don't think I will for the rest of my life. Backache is largely psychosomatic. I've learned some major emotional causes of back pain, and I don't think I need to deal with those emotions by relying on physical pain. 

According to Mr. Sunada's program, you give yourself a full rest following a 90-minute jog, but I already gave myself a full rest on Saturday night, so I will jog for an hour, which is recommended for the day following the rest day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment