Friday, April 26, 2019

1 K Fast Run

April 26, 2019
Jog: 1:48.10
1 K Fast Run: 4:01.88
Jog: 1:56.58


I hit the road, hoping to refresh myself from hours of focused creative work, but I wasn't only mentally exhausted but also physically fairly beat from high intensity body weight workout on the previous morning, and couldn't push myself beyond 1 K. But I think it's still better than nothing.

Ever since the sad news of Mr. Yoshio Koide's death traveled across the country, I've been watching videos on You Tube of races of his former trainees such as Yuko Arimori and Naoko Takahashi, and I renewed my interest in his training method. In fact, I ordered a book written by the late marathon trainer, and the book arrived yesterday. I already read the first half, and genuinely feel motivated to someday run a sub 3.5 marathon, and at least have a go at a sub 3 marathon also. He writes as if nothing was impossible.  

Mr. Koide, by the way, was my PE teacher when I was in my first year at Sakura Senior High School in Chiba Prefecture. No one would have imagine then that someday he would make the coach of an Olympic gold medalist.


No comments:

Post a Comment