Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Interval Training: 3 K + 1 K

April 3, 2019
Warm Up: 23:17.86
Rest: 1:00.77
<Intervals>
3 K: 12:48.86
Rest: 1:00.56
1 K: 4:03.73
Rest: 1:00.11
************
Warm Down: 21:56.44
(Including lying pull-ups: 10 slow reps + 15 fast reps + 10 fast reps)

On the previous night I had a 10 K jog scheduled, but half way into the training session I ran out of gas, and called it quits after running 5 K in about 35 minutes. So tonight I wanted to do some solid training to make up for it. When I got home, I was sleepy and exhausted, so instead of getting out right away, I took a short nap in bed, feeling warm and recuperating. It worked. After lying down for a little less than an hour, my motivation was back, and I was ready to hit the road.

It was cold outside, but there was no wind. Perfect for a focused late night run. I carefully checked my running form as I jogged. Something has been definitely off ever since I ran the Sakura Marathon. But I couldn't nail it right away.

I set the countdown timer on my Iron Man watch at 1:00, and checked my cadence, which I hadn't done in a while. It was way lower than before. I figured that was it. I increased my cadence up to 180 steps a minute. I felt lighter.

There is only eleven days left before the race, but I don't think it's too late to calibrate my cadence at this stage of prep. Hopefully, I will have improved my running efficiency by the race.




No comments:

Post a Comment