Friday, April 12, 2019

10 K Jog

April 12, 2019
10.2 K: 1:08:35

Two days to go before the race. The training tonight is the last session before the race. The main purpose of jogging for about an hour is just to keep the cardio-vascular system nice and alert. The pace is strictly kept slow so that I won't get irrecoverably tired. 



I ran the 10.2 K shuttle course below, taking much longer than usual.


I felt hungry and weak while running. Then I realized that my carb intake was low today, so it's only natural. 

I kept a steady pace, and never increased it until I got home. Once I was home, I felt refreshed, and I was glad that I didn't take a shortcut to finish earlier than scheduled.

After taking a shower, I had vegetable soup, half an apple, a kiwi fruit, and a small baked sweet potato. 

Tomorrow I am going to take a full rest. I'm just going to come home early, eat good dinner, and hit the bed early to get ready for an early start on Sunday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment