Tuesday, April 9, 2019

13.1 K Jog

April 9, 2019
13.1 K: 1:16:52

Five more days to go before Kasumigaura Marathon 2019. I was originally scheduled to jog for an hour, but added an extra couple of miles because I felt good, and also because I didn't train on the previous night due to a thunder storm. I made up for it. 


I ran in minimalist split-toe shoes MUTEKI for minimum protection. Any damage at this stage could cause an unrecoverable damage to the sole. It should be strictly avoided. Therefore the shoes. 

I chose the usual 10.5 K course to run. It's rich in undulation and traffic is minimum. Good for a focused night run. The only downside is that there is only one public toilet along the course, and it's only in the last 500 M. I found one outside a drugstore, but even that is in the last 2 K. So if I want to pee before reaching there, I have no choice but wait.


There are quite a few cherry trees along the course, and many of them are next to lamp posts, so they glowed beautifully in the lights. 


I listened to Brian Tracy and Wendy Suzuki while running. Brian talked about achieving success, and Wendy about exercise and its health benefits. 

I weighed 61 kg after the run. Still a bit heavier than I want to be at the race this week. I'll eat lots of veggies and fruits, and avoid starchy food such as rice and noodles. I may go grocery shopping tomorrow morning to get some fresh veggies from a local grocery store.


No comments:

Post a Comment