Thursday, April 4, 2019

HIIT & 10.5 K Jog

April 4, 2019
High intensity cardio
10.5 K Jog: 1:00:02

There are only ten days remaining before Kasumigaura Marathon 2019.  At this stage there isn't much you can do to dramatically improve your overall speed nor endurance. The only thing you can do is to best maintain your condition until the day of the race. One thing you want to avoid is training too much, and you end up feeling not totally recovered on the race day. So the longest distance I run is up to 10 K or so. And the longest time I run is max 90 minutes. Anything harder than that will be avoided to feel fresh and ready to go when the gun goes off.

Tonight I ran the course rich in undulation mainly to keep myself motivated. I increased pace when running slopes both going up and down to keep the training from being too monotonous. 

Tomorrow night I may jog the same route at the same pace, or may do a 10 K pace run. Or a 10 K build-up perhaps. I can benefit from all of them. I'll just do whichever I'll be in a mood for when the time comes.





No comments:

Post a Comment