Saturday, September 24, 2016

Weekend 5 K Barefoot Run

I ran 5 K on Sunday afternoon.
I ran barefoot.
It was warm and sunny, perfect for a fun run.
I was originally scheduled to run on Saturday night.
But I felt tired and and sleepy after dinner.
So I delayed the workout till this afternoon.
When I woke up this morning,
I felt much better.
After patrolling my backyard to get rid of pests,
I made myself a bowl of salty and sour noodles to fill my stomach.
I felt fully energized once breakfast was done.
I changed into my athletic gear and hit the road barefoot.
I said hi to a few neighbors as I sped on.
Some gave me a startled look because I had nothing on my feet.

I went around the usual 2.5 K circular route in my neighborhood twice
to cover 5 K.

The laps were as follows:
1st 2.5 K: 11:18.81
2nd 2.5 K: 10:48.21
Total: 22:07.02

Should I be able to keep the same pace another 5 K,
I can finish the race well under 45:00.

That'll be great.

I am going to gradually increase training distance.
Meanwhile, I am also going to combine distance training with speed training.
By speed training I mean interval training.
Together they will help me improve my ability to produce a quick surge during the race,
and also the ability to withstand frequent changes of pace throughout the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment