Thursday, September 15, 2016

3 K Pace Run

I ran 3 K this morning.
It was the last running training before the 20 K race this coming Sunday in Yamanashi.
I aimed at my average 10 K pace of 4:30/K.
The main purpose was to activate my entire cardio-vascular systems
so that they wouldn't have been too relaxed when I run.
The distance was limited to 3 K, not beyond,
because any fatigue in the legs should be avoided at this stage of preparation.
My carb intake today, tomorrow, and in the morning of the race will be slightly more than usual.
This is because the main source of energy when I run is glucose,
which is broken down from glycogen.
I want to store as much glycogen as I can in my leg muscles
so that it will break down immediately to provide my legs with the energy needed
when the race begins.
Too much fibery food will also go against the mechanics of running.
It can cause an upset stomach during the race, and it deprives you from focus.
How do I know?
Well, because it happened to me once in Kasumigaura Marathon.
I ate too much baked sweet potato at an aid station,
and felt pukey later!!

The time for each lap today is as follows:
1st K: 4:22.39
2nd K: 4:24.80
3rd K: 4.19.23
Total: 12:06.42

Tonight and tomorrow I am going to give myself a complete rest
except that I am going to do some stretching to relax my legs, neck and shoulders.
It's increasingly becoming hard to control my urge to get out and run,
but I must breathe deeply and stay calm
until the gun goes off to signal the start on Sunday morning
when a full explosion is finally allowed!


No comments:

Post a Comment