Thursday, September 22, 2016

Midnight 5 K Barefoot Run

I ran 5 K after coming home from work.
It was raining and it was almost midnight,
so the streets were deserted and perfect for running.
As the roads were wet and friction was expected to be minimum,
so I ran barefoot.
It was my first training run after the 20 K race this past Sunday.
After running a race rich in undulation,
running on a flat course was as easy as 1-2-3.

The lap of each K was as follows:
Lap 1: 5:06
Lap 2: 5:00
Lap 3: 4:55
Lap 4: 4:49
Lap 5: 4:46
Total: 24:37

I didn't feel any pain in the sole after the run.
I was glad it had become tough after months of training
in the least protective foot ware like MUTEKI.

I hope to run a short distance at regular intervals
to harden the sole
so that by the time I run a 10 K road race in November
it will have been strong enough to withstand the stress of
competitive running.

No comments:

Post a Comment