Thursday, September 29, 2016

Thursday Night Barefoot 5 K Run

On the night of Sept. 29 I had a training run.
I ran 5 K, and I ran barefoot.
The conditions were perfect for the least protected mode of running.
The road was wet from a short late-night shower,
so friction between the road and my sole was expected to be minimum.
It had let up awhile before,
so I didn't need to worry about getting wet.
Also, it was cool, and humidity was relatively low.
My spirit was high, and the legs had completely recovered
from the previous run.

I went around my favorite 2.5 K circular route in my neighborhood
twice to cover 5 K in 21:29.58.
The laps were as follows:
1st 2.5 K: 11:11.51
2nd 2.5 K: 10:18.07
Total: 5 K: 21:29.58 (Average pace=4:17/K)

Tomorrow I am going to do some high intensity total body workout
mainly hitting upper body in the morning,
and do some stretching at night.

My next training run will probably either on Saturday night or Sunday morning.
But I might go to take a dip in the sea on Sunday to refresh myself.
If I do, I will probably run on Saturday.
But I'm not sure.
Another typhoon is coming.
Should it get too close to the Japanese archipelago,
it may affect the sea condition.
Snorkeling won't be too much fun
in murky water...


No comments:

Post a Comment