Thursday, September 29, 2016

Friday Morning Upper Body Endurance Training

On the morning of Sept. 30
as soon as I climbed out of futon,
I did some home workout.
Today I did three exercises:
pull-ups, hand-stand, and dips.

Today's focus was not so much on intensity
but rather on endurance.

First, pull-ups.
Instead of cranking up the intensity by doing many reps
in a certain period of time,
I endured statically.
Starting from the dead-hang position,
I quickly pulled halfway up, and stayed there for four seconds,
and pulled all the way up to stay there at maximum contraction for another four seconds.
Then this time I pulled down half way and stayed there four seconds.
Finally, I pulled all the way down to the dead-hang position and gave myself four seconds
before repeating the same cycle of movements
until I hit 30 seconds.

Next exercise is hand-stand.
I stood on hands for thirty seconds.
That's it.

Finally, dips.
Beginning from the starting position,
I quickly dropped all the way down where the chest muscle is maximally extended.
I held that position for four seconds,
and then slowly pushed up to the starting position.
This was repeated till I hit 30 seconds.
This is expected to build isometric endurance of the muscle in full extension,
and endurance in the concentric phase.

This is one set.

I did them three sets with a minimum rest between exercises
as well as between sets
so as not to lower the intensity.
It could kill the benefit of the training.


No comments:

Post a Comment