Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday Night 5 K Sit and Kick Run & Short Interval Training

I was ill for almost two weeks,
and I didn't do any running training all this while.
The main symptom was this nasty cough I couldn't shake off,
and it gave me such a hard time in teaching.
But this morning that cough finally stopped.
My voice still sounds a bit funny,
but breathing is normal and my normal energy level is back.
So I went out for a major training run.

First I ran 5 K at half marathon pace.
I didn't ran each K at a regular pace.
But instead I started off at full marathon pace,
and finish the last 200 M in sprint.
This elevates my heart rates significantly,
and it is expected to improve my ability to maximize the oxygen use I breathe in.

After the 5 K run, I rested for 5 and a half minutes,
and did 4 sets of 650 M interval training.
In interval training, the pace is a lot faster,
and in the last couple of hundred meters
I often push myself so that I need to sustain a high speed
in a state of oxygen debt.
As I understand it, this type of training helps improve your ability
to sustain a high level of performance even in a state of fatigue.

The details of today's training is as follows:
1st K: 4:46
2nd K: 4:41
3rd K: 4:47
4th K: 4:29
5th K: 4:34
Rest: 5:30
650 M: 2:27
Rest: 2:00
650 M: 2:36
Rest: 2:07
650 M: 2:33
Rest: 2:00
650 M: 2:45
GIVE UP!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment