Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Thursday Morning 4K Build-Up (2016.7.14)

After giving myself a half day break from running training,
I was ready to run as soon as I woke up this morning.
I did a 4 K build-up training.
In this training you gradually inject pace as you progress from one lap to another.
The last lap was run at full marathon pace.
The second was at half marathon pace,
with the third run at 10 K pace.
And the last lap was run at 5 K pace.

One difference between this training and race pace Ks
that I did two days before
is that there is no rest between laps with 4 K build up.

Today's result is as follows:
1st Lap: 5:12
2nd Lap: 4:53
3rd Lap: 4:39
4th Lap: 3:58
Total 4K: 18:43

On my way home from the park I did 12 reps of shoulder rotation, 9 sets to stimulate my shoulders and traps.

It seems I am exercising all the time without rest,
but the truth of the matter is that I shift the target region
from one area to another so that I won't overwork on particular muscle
or muscle group.
It's very important in avoiding injury.


No comments:

Post a Comment