Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thursday Midnight 4 K Interval Training

After coming home from a corporate seminar,
I wanted to reset my mindbody,
so I hit the road to do some interval training.
Today I aimed at running 1 K under 4:00.
I finished the first K at 3:48.
After resting for 3 minute,
I set off for the second K.
I came back at 3:49.
At this point I was so exhausted
that I didn't want to carry on.
But I decided to continue by lowering the expectation of myself.
I significantly lowered the pace to make the 3rd round bearable.
I knew I was going at my 10 K pace of 4:30/K,
but the time was 4:17 when I finished,
because I kicked the last 200 M.
I could have called it a day,
but the 4:17/K run in the 3rd round made me want to repeat the same approach
in yet another round.
So I went for one more,
and finished the 4th round in 4:16.

I only ran 4 K,
but because of the much faster paces than usual
in the first 2 K,
I was much more exhausted than I usually am
when I run the same distance
at much lower paces.

Tomorrow morning, I will probably slowly jog for a few kilometers
just to elevate my heart rates to get my system activated,
but won't inject pace much so that I can give my legs some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment