Thursday, July 21, 2016

Eliud Kipchoge (Kenyan Long-Distance Runner I Like)

Eliud Kipchoge is a Kenyan long-distance runner.
I like him a lot for many reasons.
His excellent records in many major races are of course one reason,
but my biggest reason is his long extended career.
How has he been able to continue his athletic career so long,
and at such a high level?

In 2003 he beats my middle-distance running hero Hicham El Guerrouj in Men's 5000 M.
Though he is beaten by El Guerrouj in the Athens Olympic Games,
he makes a beautiful transition to longer distances,
and scores a series of marvelous times in many races.

What I find particularly inspiring is that in the last mile before crossing the finish line
Kipchoge is apparently smiling as he puts on a spurt, leaving his competitors behind.
Yes, he is smiling after having run over 40 K!
His form is impeccably beautiful, running almost as if he was running a shorter-distance track race, swinging his arms back and forth forcefully and throwing his legs forward one after another
like a locomotive.
How can he do it so beautifully?
How could I run like him?
Would I be able to carry on like him over many years?
That's one of my recent interests.

I am going to find more information about him and his training,
and hope to share some of my findings here in this blog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_z5Iiz1iWY



No comments:

Post a Comment