Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Midnight 12 K Barefoot Test-Run in the Rain

Jan. 26, 2021

11.8 K: 1:07:06

Test-ran a new route that looked wide and straight, good for intervals. It wasn't unfortunately. It was fairly busy with traffic even past midnight, especially large trucks. It's too dangerous for a night run, especially a speed run. It was hillier than I had imagined too. That part is OK if the main purpose of choosing to run that route is to improve cardio. But I already have a quite few hilly training course. There is no need to choose this one over those that I already know well. 


The road condition was OK. Not so rough, mainly because it's been run on by large trucks and the edgy parts have all be rounded off. But the traffic is still pain in the neck.  

I ran in bare feet, by the way. It was not too cold for this time of year, but it started raining halfway into the run. The rain was cold, and the second half was rather miserable. But the same can happen during a race, so I grit my teeth and bore through the misery and cold. When I got home, a hot bath felt like heaven.





No comments:

Post a Comment