Friday, January 8, 2021

Midnight 10 K HIll Tempo Run in MUTEKI

 Jan. 8, 2021

460 M: 3:20.94

10 K: 49:20.42 (Target=45:50.00)

900 M: 7:15.91

Total 11.36 K: 59:57.27

I did a tempo run for the first time in a long time. It's one of the training sessions that I find most challenging. But for that reason, benefit is enormous. After you do a tempo run, interval training feels easier. And when interval training is completed well, a tempo run feels easier. It's kind of cyclical, each reinforcing the other. 


I tried not to press on too hard at the beginning as the first half was rich in undulation.(See the map above.)  I increased the pace once the course became flat. I surged in the last K.


Yet when I completed it, time was a lot worse that I'd thought. I was far from the target. My heart sank. But I said to myself, "I'm better than this."

Tomorrow I will do the same training again. My goal is to run it faster. 




No comments:

Post a Comment