Monday, January 25, 2021

Double Training: Midnight 12 K Run in MUTEKI

Jan. 25, 2021

12.05 K: 1:09:58

Seven hours after the park workout, I finished everything that I had wanted to accomplish for the day. To reward myself for the good job done, I went out for a night run. I ran the same course that I run for a 10 K tempo run.


All the roads were completely deserted. Not even a can was seen. I was the only soul breathing under the starry sky. It was freezing. But there was no wind. Nothing disturbed my lonely effort to become a stronger and more endurable version of myself. I love running in the still of the night...


I ran 8 K in the afternoon. Tonight I added 12.05 K more to it, which makes my daily total 20 K+. It's a good distance for a day about 12 weeks before the race. I want to gradually increase my daily training volume. First to 25 K. Then 30. Exactly one month prior to the race, I want to run more than the race distance of 42.195 K, not at one go of course, but in two sessions. I've done it before. I believe I can do it again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment