Tuesday, January 19, 2021

16.1 K Recovery Run in Split-Toe Minimalist Shoes MUTEKI

Jan. 19, 2021

16.1 K: 1:34:00

Ran at an easy pace for a little longer than an hour and half. The main purpose is to condition my legs tensed up from interval training on the previous night. 


Originally aimed to cover a little more than 12 K or so, but ended up running a little longer. About 10 K into the run, it felt so good that I thought I could go farther. I'm glad I ran longer than planned. There's a greater feeling of accomplishment. 


Got the runs 4 K into running, and almost wet my pants, but there was a public toilet available close by, so that saved my life! It's always important to make sure there is a toilet and tap water available along your training course. 


It was -0.8 degrees Celsius. I bundled up and had the hood over my head and a headset over my ears, but nonetheless it was still freaking cold. But with stars shining in the sky and greyish clouds hovering high across the sky, the night was mysteriously beautiful to see, and I was never bored throughout the entire training.  


Tomorrow I am planning to go for a jog for an hour or so just for daily conditioning. And hopefully the day after tomorrow, I will do a 10 K tempo run. 



No comments:

Post a Comment