Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Midnight Barefoot Jog in the Rain

Jan. 7, 2019
10.5 K: 58:41.87

Two days after I did high intensity cardio workout, I ached all over. I could have just relaxed and waited until pain went away, but I chose to go for a barefoot jog instead. It was raining, and roads were miserably cold, but I hit the road anyway.


As soon as I started running, I regretted that I ran, because my soles felt miserably painful on the icy road. But I decided to go on as far as I could withstand the pain.

Several minutes into the ran, the pain subsided slightly. The truth of the matter was that the soles got almost numb.


I kept on running, slowing down where the road condition deteriorated, and picked up the pace slightly where it improved. 

With only a couple of kilometers remaining, the prospect of the approaching goal suddenly lifted my spirit, and I cranked up the pace, resulting in a small bloody blister on the left sole, but it's nothing to bother about.

A long warm shower felt like heaven. A barefoot run is never easy especially on a cold rainy night like today, but when it's completed, nothing matched the tremendous feeling of accomplishment brought about by it.


No comments:

Post a Comment