Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Midnight 12.8 K Jog in Aqua Shoes

Jan. 14, 2019
6.4 K: 38:44.27
6.4 K: 34:04.26
Total 12.8 K: 1:12:48

It was a productive day. I got a lot done. I went to the office a little earlier than originally scheduled. Once at my desk, I immediately got on with my top priority task. It's preparation of a 7-hour seminar next week. I re-wrote scripts for demo videos, and suggested re-video-shooting. Boss agreed. I requested cooperation from a few co-workers, and set a date for the job.

I got on with prep for another seminar as well. It's in the last week of this month. I still have time. The prep requires analysis of data, whose arrival I'm still waiting for. 

I practiced English listening by reading out loud a short passage on my way to work. And I did the same with a short conversation on my way home. Each practice is 30 minutes, so together it's one hour. I also listened to a lecture on time management by Brian Tracy while jogging tonight. He speaks on 21 keys to successful time-management. I haven't learned all 21 by heart yet, but I've already been practicing some of them. One of them is start working on the most important task no matter how difficult it is. Ever since I applied this method to my daily operation, I've been a lot more efficient than before. Time-management, according to Brian Tracy, all boils down to one thing: self-discipline. I like it. I truly believe the more disciplined you are, the more freedom in life you can enjoy. In fact, men's marathon world best record holder Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya says the same thing about self-discipline and freedom, and he's the best runner in the history of marathon running. I'm convinced it's true.


Tomorrow I'll do the last interval training before the race. I already feel so excited to do it, because I know I'll keep the promise I've made with myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment